Monday, February 26, 2007

skiing in New York


I made use of my transit halt in Newyork on 20 February and the unusually cold weather and excessive snowing to indulge in my most favourite passion...skiing. This was in the Camelback ski resort in Poconos area in Pennsylvania, fifty miles from NewYork city, where I used to go when I was posted there.


It was a thrilling experience. Although my last skiing was six years back in 2000 in valle nevado, Chile, i still retained the skill and was able to move confidently. I did even the half- pipe slope.


The day was perfect. After the heavy snowfall in the days before my arrival, there was plenty of powder. I loved every moment on the skis.

Breathing the pure air of the white snow ..
Drinking Hot chocolate in the cold weather ..

Following the laughter and scream of the little kids who know no fear..

Going up the lift and coming down on the slopes like kids..
the thrill of moving fast..
the fear of falling down..

hmm... It was one of the best days of my life.




No comments: